Pages

Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Eve

 We were so excited for Tim to have Christmas Eve off!  We spent the day as a family, and had a fantastic time in our new home.  


 TJ and Daddy decided that their forts would be better if they were just one BIG fort.  The final project ended up having a slide and a tunnel! 

 After a taco dinner we finished up our Advent reading before we opened our gifts.  

When Tim and I were children both of our families opened gifts on Christmas Eve.  So it was an easy decision for us when we started our family.  We discovered this year, thanks to my brother, that it is actually a German tradition to open gifts on Christmas Eve.  Apparently Martin Luther during the Reformation began the tradition of giving gifts from the Christ child on Christmas Eve. 
 2 years ago Avarie got this Webkinz whale.  She then lost it (or as she says someone stole it from her), and has asked for it on occasion since the alleged theft.  Well, each year for Christmas the kids have a budget and go shopping for their siblings.  TJ really wanted to find another whale ("Whaley") for Avarie.  She was SOOO excited when she opened it, and has not let Whaley out of her sight since. 
I love this picture of the kiddos.  This Lego set is what Avarie got TJ.  I love the look on Avarie's face, the joy in giving her brother a gift.  It just confirms in our minds the beauty of teaching our kiddos about giving.
 If I haven't mentioned, Lylah is a girly girl. She loves babies and clothes and shoes.  She was almost more excited about the clothes she got than anything else. 
 




We are very blessed and had a fantastic Christmas Eve.  

1 comment:

Michelle said...

So glad you had a wonderful Christmas! I love the pictures of the kids' faces as they open their presents!!