TJ turns 6 tomorrow! SIX! Seriously when did that happen? I have been sitting thinking about all that has happened in the last 6 years! 6 years ago today Tim and I went on a date to celebrate our "last night" as a couple. We went to dinner at Red Robin (shocker I know) and then headed to the hospital for our induction. Which began a pretty eventful night which led to a c-section, where our little boy was born at 7:13 in the morning. He began to show his personality from the get go! Doing things his way, even in birth. I praise the Lord for such a boy who is tender hearted in all he does, has a heart for the Gospel, and LOVES with all he has. He is beyond all I could have ever hoped for, and I am so thankful that the Lord has chosen to bless us with this special boy.
TJ has taught me so much in the last 6 years. So much about me, that I never would have known had it not been for him. I am proud to be his mother and I cannot wait to see where the Lord takes him in the future. As I cling to the past of what he is, and hope for the future of what he will become, I am thankful that God has given me the
privilege of watching it all unfold. I pray that the Lord gives me strength as I SLOWLY (and most often painfully) let him grow into the boy God is shaping him to be. I pray that God directs his heart in all ways and that God gives him a longing to be in His presence each day. I pray that God gives us wisdom as we raise a boy that will one day be a man, that will most likely be leading a crowd. As
TJ seems to be drawn to leadership. I pray that we are wise in our parenting choices with a strong child, molding his will without breaking it. And I pray that we are able to direct him the best way that we can, always turning his eyes to our Heavenly Father. As I fight back tears of 6 years gone by, I joyfully look to the future! Excited. Because with
TJ, I know without a shadow of a doubt, it won't be boring!

7 comments:
So precious. It is hard to believe he's six! He is blessed to have a Mommy like you Tyff!
Love,
Julie
Well said, lady! You should be an author!
This is a sweet post about your little boy- I am sure one day he will thank you for being such a great mother of God.
Oh, that was beautiful. I seriously felt my eyes get wet and I'm not a crier... very well said! Happy Birthday TJ.
That was beautiful, Tyff...thanks for sharing your mother's heart with us!!!
Well said - I can't believe six years - Ty's 6th is today!!!
Ok, now that kido looked like himself from the get-go! That is awesome!
Post a Comment