Pages

Monday, September 13, 2010

Escrow???

We have entered the wonderful world of escrow! Are you confused? So am I! God has so graciously and surprisingly and QUICKLY placed us in a situation where we are (prayerfully) going to be in a new home within a month!
I have been amazed and humbled by what God has been doing in our family, and I cannot believe that God has blessed us in this amazing way.
This particular house has a LONG history with our family....
In 2007 we heard from some friends about a house that was for sale. We went to look at this house, and found it was out of our price range and we hadn't even discussed selling our house at that point. We loved the house, but felt it just was the wrong timing. That house sold in 2008.
Fast forward to mid August 2010, and this same house it put on the market by the new owners. The new owners had both become disabled and were no longer able to care for this house, or afford to live there. They put the house on the market, but still it was out of our price range.
About a week ago, they lowered the price $30,000! Which brought it into our price range! Last Wednesday, we went and looked at this home again, made an offer Thursday, they countered Friday, we countered Saturday and Saturday afternoon we found out that our offer was accepted!
Again, I am so humbled and thankful to the Lord for his hand in this house. We are excited to move in!
We have some good friends that live very near the house and our kids couldn't be more excited to be "in the country".
The details:
3,300 sq. feet
4 acres (about)
4 bedrooms, 3 baths
A CREEK!!
So now you all know that we have plenty of room for all of you to come and visit! :)

9 comments:

nwestmama said...

Get out of here!!!!! That is wonderful news and I'm envious I must say. Would love to be moving to a location like that asap! So glad to here this is coming together for you guys, this is great news!!

The Urwin's said...

That is so awesome! Congrats! I know where we will be having small group soon ;)

HMPhillips said...

SO EXCITING! And AMEN to Melissa!

The Chargualaf Family said...

WOW!! That is amazing, Tyffany! I was so blown away by the story (your "history" w/ this house) that I just pulled Matt over here and told him he just had to read this!

How fun, that God has done this for you guys! It's so neat to really "see" His hand in things like this! God bless your move; I'm excited for you guys as you make a new "home" here!! :0)

The Calvins said...

That is great Tyf. :) Now we just need pictures....

becky said...

YEAH!!!!!! SO excited for you! will be praying that everything continues to fall into place! we need to catch up one of these days and i guess i will now have another excuse to come visit now that you will have a new place! :)

Michelle said...

That is GREAT!! So excited for you guys. How fun to get all moved in in time for all the Holidays this fall!!

Sarah said...

Aww, what a blessing! We're all so excited for your family's adventures in the new place. :o)

Hailey said...

Okay . . . .so can I be jealous in a good way? seriously . . a creek. . . .and about 4 acres? What an amazing home! Will be praying for the details. smooch.