Pages

Thursday, October 28, 2010

An update...

I SHOULD be working on our seeminly endless to-do list, but needed a break to just refresh and feed my soul a bit.  In the process, I decided I should get you all up to date on the HOUSE.  We were blessed beyond measure to have our small group move all of our "treasures" (which I must say doesn't seem possible to have fit into our 1200 sq. foot home, when it has EXPLODED here) to our new house.  We are still wrestling with our "little" plumbing fiasco.  The kitchen is yet to be finished, and yet I spend all day every day here with our children.  They have rummaged through every box that has their name on it (and are truly dissappointed when it is sheets, or clothes.).  They have made their mark for sure on the basement, and seem to be making themselves right at home.  I still struggle with "the scent" of our new home as I still get the lingering smell of mold.  Not sure if it is just me, becasue I am now overtly sensitive to this scent, or if it really does stink.  Friends who shall remain nameless have smelled both our home and me after I left our home, and seem to think it is without the pungence that I am describing.  I have enjoyed working on our school room, and the girls bedroom when I should be painting the kitchen.  I am hopeful we will have our bathrooms finished within a couple of weeks and can begin living here in earnest.

I was going to post some pics, but apparently it doesn't want me to... so next time!

2 comments:

5 Cougs said...

If fixing the girls'room and the school room give you joy...then go for it! The kitchen will still be there, maybe when JJ has the week off of school so we can help!

Michelle said...

those are fun projects!! Can't wait to see the rooms when you're finished with them.

Love the family picture!!