Pages

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Cider Press Time...



The semi-annual apple press happened with the Fries clan this year!  We worked (well some of "us" did), we played, and we ate.  We had some amazing snacks to share and were able to just hang out as a family.  I love that my kiddos know their cousins and have relationships with them.  It was a blessing for me growing up, and I know it will be a blessing to them. I love that my boy has boys to play with and my girls have girls to play with.  They all get along great together, and it is a blessing to have someone you have something in common with, that will be with you no matter what.  For life.  Now if I could just get Tysen and Toni to move to Yakima....:)
 Hudson and Avarie
 Working hard! Yep, we use a tractor.  Again "we" is used in the loosest form of the word. 
 There is a 3 step process
 (well actually more like 7 or 8 but we are only do 3, Bob and Velma take care of the rest,
 bless their hearts.)

 STEP 1:
Press the apples (this is enhanced by the use of an antique apple press)

 STEP 2:
Pour juice into jugs.

 ...and of course sample said juice



 STEP 3:
Count your booty.  




Fun family memories had by all. 

No comments: