Sunday, June 22, 2008
Slap Me, Shake Me, or Call Me Crazy....But....
Avarie has had this really hacky (for lack of a better word- and I am not willing to get out a Thesaurus) cough for about a month now. No other symptoms, just the cough. We have been doing everything to get it gone. It only comes about at night, which is awesome for me (hence the blog post so late). Anyway, I was researching coughs on the Internet and was reminded of the old wives tale (maybe not so old) that you should rub Vicks on the bottoms of their feet. I know, crazy lady shouldn't be looking up remedies at midnight on the Internet. I checked it out on Snopes and found the results to be inconclusive. But let me tell you. She has been coughing a lot for the last 2 hours, and 15 min. ago I lathered Vapo Rub on her feet, and the coughing has subsided SUBSTANTIALLY! Could it be true? Could Vapo Rub really stop a cough at night? Thoughts??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have heard of that too and will admit have tried it myself :-) My great grandmother insisted that it would help Ava when she had a never ending cough back in Jan/Feb. It worked alright for her too.
Hopefully it keeps working for Avarie too!
I have to say, that I totally tried that on myself last fall when I swore up and down that if I coughed again I would jump off a cliff. Unfortunately it didn't work so well for me, but hey, I had to give it a try and fortunately there are no cliffs in the neighborhood =)
never heard of it- but i'm going to file it and try it when I need too!
Post a Comment