As we sit and wait for our newest arrival I thought I would share a humorous little story...
I was at the grocery store today with my kids. We were walking down the aisles and I noticed that many of the women I passed were looking at me kind of funny. Not the "ahem, mam you have toilet paper on your shoe" kind of funny, but the more "poor thing" kind of funny. I was thinking... it isn't that bad, I mean sure my clothes don't fit anymore, and sure I walk funny. But I was feeling pretty good today. I was dressed, I had make up on and my hair was done-sort of. So I just pushed it aside as thinking, oh they are looking at my cute kids.
Then it happened. The cereal aisle. We were checking out the sales, when an older lady and her husband were coming toward us. She gave me that look, the one I described earlier, and walks up to me and says "oh, honey, you look like you need to head to the hospital.... how much longer?" I literally looked down thinking my water had broke and I didn't notice.
Does this mean I should not be leaving my house any longer? Just curious!
5 comments:
I know those looks.....except mine came when I was only 6 months pregnant. I almost hit the guy!
brutal! I feel like I've been getting the same looks too - it's so annoying. You just stick that belly out and smile! We're almost there. I'm a little envious that you have a c-section date. While I'm thankful that i've never had to have a c-section yet, I always wanted to be able to atleast some-what plan!
I say, as long as you're feeling good... you get out as much as you possibly can. Don't let others looks or comments bother you. The Belly is beautiful!!
Good Grief!
Come on people! You would think people have lost all tack... I hate those kind of comments.
People need to start thinking more constructive.
I know you Tyff, and there isn't anything that would look bad on you!
Go out and flaunt that baby belly, and the next time you get asked something like that say
"Ummm... I not pregnant"
or
"I'm only half way there..."
Give a pause to let them feel uncomfortable a moment and then chuckle! They might think twice next time :)
Julie
HA! I love it. People are so stinkin' weird! I got asked if I was having twins once...I mean COME ON!!! That is one question you just never venture out and ask! :-) You look great no matter what the grocery-gal says!
Post a Comment