So this delicacy is called "Cake Balls". Yep. DELICIOUS.
1 cake mix makes a LOT of cake balls, so beware.
1 cake mix (make according to directions)
1 jar frosting
melting chocolate
Make the cake, cool completely. Crumble into a bowl, mix in frosting. Use cookie scoop (you could use your hands, but wow, messy) and place cake on parchment lined cookie sheet. Freeze. Melt chocolate (any variety will work, I used both Almond Bark and Milk Chocolate Chips) dip frozen cake balls into chocolate. Top with sprinkles if desired. Place into freezer until ready to serve. These really are good both cold and room temp. The frosting keeps it from freezing completely. You could choose any type of cake/frosting mix. My good friend Heather used lemon and I used funfetti (since it was for Lylah's birthday). Both in my opinion were outstanding. Enjoy!
3 comments:
You had me at the title...there was no way I wasn't checking out "Cake Balls Baby".
oh my! that's all I have to say about that.
Post a Comment