Facebook!!
I had a facebook account, I even talked a few people into joining facebook! After spending many an hour stalking ahem, checking out other peoples pages I decided I was spending WAY TOO MUCH TIME on facebook. I always was wanting to see what everyone's "status" was. I didn't care that it said they were baking cookies or brushing their hair. I was fascinated. Now, EVERYONE is on facebook! Everyone checks it, and everyone communicates through it! And I DELETED MY ACCOUNT! I know, I know, I can restart the account and have all the same stuff. But seriously it may be a matter of principal now, I really LOVE facebook, but I deleted it because I was wasting too much time on it. So do I say now that I have the self control to only check it once a day... I know myself better than that, once a day turns into twice a day and twice a day turns into being logged in all day, occasionally refreshing the page to see who has updated their status! The funny thing is, that is really all I would use it for...not email or anything else, just to check status. I know, I'm ridiculous!
But now, everyone is so focused on facebook that I see blogs being neglected, and for those of us (me) that wants to see your "status" I need you to update your blog! Come on people. Work with me. :)
*** side note, those of you who are offended must understand that I am within weeks from giving birth and I cannot be responsible for my emotional state of being. :) But seriously, update your blogs!
8 comments:
Here! Here! I agree. Which is why I also deleted my FaceBook account. Waaaaayyyy too much time wasted on it! Plus, I LOVE Blogs, and it saddens me to see them neglected, thrown to the way-side for a cheap "facebook" thrill. Bring back Blogs! Bring back Blogs!
Amen, Sista! I have been highly debating deleting mine. I figured it is just another way people don't have to actually talk to each other and a waste of time. Oh, and don't worry...my blog will be greatly updated soon! Very busy last 10 days!
Okay, Okay. I have to defend the FB phenonmena (?). I, too was leery of joining. And yes, there are times when I am on WAAAAY too much. But I communicate more with people here than I do in real life. It's my way of staying connected to those that aren't in my "immediate" circle (Mark & Maggie) :). However, I am trying to make sure that I also keep my blog as updated as I normally would. I just don't have a whole lot of excitement going on!! Give me 9-10 weeks, and you'll see a surge!
Tyffany--- I hear ya'... I've never even been on Facebook; only heard of it (a lot). And my reason for not "going there" is because of what Erin wrote above, and what Jill wrote above... and that if I did create an account, I am sure I would eventually be writing a post on my blog similar to the one you just posted, on why I DELETED it!
Lord knows I don't need ONE more distraction/temptation to misuse the time He has given me... We have wayyy too much in our lives in this day & age that calls us away from whatever it is we probably should be doing. Striving to use my time wisely is a daily challenge for me.
So, no Facebook account?---You're not alone, sistah'!!!
That cracked me up...in a good way, of course! I am actually a face book dummy...last time I tried to get on I had to log myself back in like 4 times. My problem is, I am not smart enough for face book :) I actually read a news article last week about a guy who quit face book...and it was pretty good (minus the few swear words, as it was clearly written by an unbeliever). Worth reading: http://www.newsweek.com/id/183180
I have to agree with a lot of this... things can start to consume your time (when your time is better spent doing other things) and that is a definite problem. It's good to be aware of where your own personal struggles are so you can try and set limits for yourself. Obviously facebook isn't that All Consuming for everyone, and I think it has some positives. So, your comments don't bother me in the slightest! In fact, I like hearing peoples opinions and takes on things. HOWEVER, what bothers me, and I don't know why I feel like I need to open my mouth and say this... but anyway, what bothers me is a comment made above. I don't think it's appropriate (especially for "Christians") to judge someone else and their own personal salvation based on an article they read. I have heard PLENTY of "believers/Christians" swear in my life time. I don't understand that comment in the slightest.
And, yes, I'm still nursing... so I've got all the hormones too. Sorry.
Guilty! I was in the beginning anyway. I can proudly say that I only check every few days. As for my blog it does need updating but life seems pretty uninteresting lately....
You have to come back! I have to admit that I do the same thing, spend all day checking people's status. But 1. it is a way to stay connected because I NEVER see you :) and 2. it is a way for a moment of escape from the madness! :) I was actually thinking yesterday that I wish you were still on FB!
Post a Comment