As I sit and pack pack pack, I can't help but be a bit melancholy about what is occurring in our life. I watched my family play a game of baseball in our backyard, and couldn't help but think of how few baseball games in this backyard we have left.
Now don't get me wrong, I am super excited about what God has planned next for us, and I faithfully walk in His direction. But at the same time thinking of our little house that has been so sweet to us.
Our first home, the first place we have owned. Our babies took their first steps in this living room. We have had some sweet fellowship in this home and have returned here for refuge in the midst of some difficult life experiences. So as I ponder what God has planned for us, and blindly follow where He is directing, I am so thankful for our little home. I feel blessed beyond measure for the great neighbors we have met, for the beautiful home we have been blessed with these past 7 years, and the memories that we will take with us as we close the door for the final times in our first home.
4 comments:
Tyf, You're making me cry! I can totally relate as I felt this, too, when we thought we had sold. But...wherever you land, you will create new memories there, have sweet fellowship, and take refuge!
Take lots and lots of pictures! :0) Even of the packing-up and kids posing in their empty rooms, etc.! :0) Even creating a tiny "Fries' 1st home photo album" (even just a 4 x 6 book that you slip the photos into plastic sheet-pockets)of pics of your home from the early days until the "end" will be nice to reminicse by!--for you AND for your little ones, as it is their first home! :0)
I'm excited for you guys!! I look forward to all the Lord has in store for you as you follow His lead!
I hear ya, it's hard to leave a home that has been a true home for your family. It's exciting and emotional all at once. Praying for what is next for your family!
Your post is a flash back to our move last year from SAn Antonio....so many first in that house. Can't wait to hear where our Great God is moving you. I hope it works out to see your family this summer. Love to you, Irene
Post a Comment