So THIS is Dump Cake!
A little fruit
A little cake mix
and
A LOT of butter
and presto, you have the goodness that is above.
I will say I don't make this very often, but when I do, wow, it is DANGEROUS.
Here is the recipe (use at your own risk):
1 small can crushed pineapple (with juice)
1 can fruit pie filling
1 box white cake mix
and 1 Cup of butter
In a 9 x 13 pan dump pineapple and pie filling. Cover with dry cake mix. Cut up butter and layer over cake mix. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
Word to the wise, don't determine the calorie value of this cake... it will ruin the experience. :)
1 comment:
Oh, my grandma makes this and it's amazing! You can also substitute a quart of canned fruit for the pineapple and pie filling. I normally thicken up the fruit juice or syrup with a little flour or corn starch (like gravy) before I put the cake mix on to avoid a goopy mess. p.s. your kiddos are getting so grown up and CUTE! Congrats!
Post a Comment