Pages

Monday, April 06, 2009

TOH Cooking School

One of the things you may not know about me, is that I am a country editor for Taste of Home cooking magazine (waiting for applause). It was something I signed up for about 5 years ago because I thought it would be cool. My name is in the magazine each month, I have a free subscription to the magazine, I get a newsletter quarterly that asks for recipes and such. It really isn't as cool as it sounds :) But it is fun for me! Well this year for the first time I was asked to participate in their cooking school. Each year TOH goes to different cities and presents a cooking school. The culinary specialist creates 10 dishes and tells you about how to make them. There are raffles and everyone goes home with a gift bag. It is a really fun time! So I was able to go to the center in the morning and help prep the show, and then that night I went on stage and helped her with one of the dishes she did, while she asked me about being a field editor.(which could have been the reason I was in the hospital all day Saturday, but more on that later.) It was fun and a few girlfriends were able to join me! 2 pregnant people! Jill and I are about 3 months apart. The difference between "cute" pregnant and "people looking at you funny" pregnant.






2 comments:

The Pichura Family said...

Boy..you had a full day of blog posts! :) Way to go pregnant momma! Better get them in now, right?!!! Thanks for the pictures from the show...although I was a bit bummed to see that the table covered your belly and we were not able to get the full affect of just HOW pregnant you are!!! :)

KmCaCFamilyof5 said...

You guys both look adorable! I know you may not feel that way... but you look great Tyff! Only 3 days left now...